There were moments there when I didn't think I would make it, but I finally finished my skirt (first blogged about here). After all that work the finished product turned out exactly how I wanted it.
The polka dot lining shows just enough at the bottom to make it fun, but still work wearable. I actually wore this to work yesterday and got my first compliment by someone who didn't first know I made what I was wearing! It even looks cute from the inside.
The hem was the most difficult part of the entire process. This is actually the second hemming technique I used because the first technique was all sorts of wrong. For the finished hem, I slip stitched the lining to the hem allowance on the inside so the stitches are completely hidden.
The skirt is even better in action.
Please excuse my poor animation skills, you can't be good at everything.