I've finished my v-neck maxi dress and I'm super happy with the results. The fabric is an extremely light-weight sheer silk, which made it a bit difficult for me to work with. I had to hand baste every single section before machine stitching to make sure my seams didn't slip - a time consuming process but totally worth it.
The dress is a faux-wrap with a zipper in the back. The zipper was the biggest pain to insert because of the light-weight fabric and it took a few attempts before I eventually worked it out. It's not perfect, but I'm still learning.
The alterations I made were a huge improvement. I took the bodice in an inch on each side seam, changed the angle of the bodice to lower the v-neck line and reduced the size of the straps. Now I'm off to plan my next creation!